- n. 商店；车间
- v. 逛商店；购物；买东西
- The local dress shop is having a sale.
- The dresses in the shop are priced high.
- That shop has a large connection.
- I saw both of them at work in the shop.
- The foreman oversaw the workers in the shop.
- Women in general like to shop for new clothes.
- I usually go shopping on Sundays.
- I have 3 days free. I'm going to HK to shop.
- I believe that it will be easier to shop online in the future.
- My mother was out shopping.
- This is the only shop in the village community.
- We go to a shop to buy things.
- He found he could make no money as a writer so he decided to open a shop.
- The shops in town close at five o'clock.
- She often browses in dress shops during her lunch hour.
- He worked in a carpenter's shop.
- I want this shop to run as smoothly as possible.
- The director's office is a smooth running shop.
- Do you like shopping?
- I always shop in that grocery store.
- I usually shop on Saturdays.
- Someone has stolen her purse while she was shopping.
- We shopped all morning for new coats.
- We shopped all the main shops.
- The gang leader was shopped by one of the robbers.
- all over the shop
纷乱,零乱; 到处 in great disorder; scattered everywhere; everywhere
- set up shop
开店,开业 start a business
- shut up shop
停止工作 stop working
- talk shop
谈本行的事 talk about one's work
- go shopping
去买东西 exchange sth with money
- shop around (v.+adv.)
仔细寻找 search carefully for goods that are the best value or the best services, etc.
I shopped around till I got what I wanted at a price I could afford.
People must shop around for the best school for their children.
- close a shop 闭店
- close down shop 停业,关闭商店
- equip a shop 装备商店
- expand a shop 扩大商店
- keep a shop 开店,经营商店
- manage a shop 经营商店
- open (up) a shop 开店,开业
- operate a shop 经营商店
- own a shop 经营一个店
- run a shop 经营商店
- set up shop 开店
- shut down shop 闭店,歇业
- shut up shop 关门,歇业
- start a shop 开始营业
- cut the shop 不再谈论本行业务
- talk shop 说行话
- duty-free shop 免税商店
- exclusive shop 唯一的商店
- expensive shop 高价商店,高档品商店
- fashionable shop 时髦的商店
- nearby shop 附近的商店
- small shop 小店
- closed shop 只雇用工会会员的工厂
- open shop 雇用工会会员及非工会会员的工厂
- arts and crafts shop 工艺美术商店
- barber shop 理发店
- beauty shop 美容院
- beer shop 啤酒店
- betting shop 赛马场外的下注站
- blacksmith shop 铁匠铺
- body shop 出售香皂等清洁用品的商店
- book shop 书店
- camera shop 照相馆
- clothing shop 服装店
- coffee shop 咖啡店
- dress shop 服装店
- food shop 食品店
- fruit shop 水果店
- general shop 杂货店
- gift shop 礼品店
- meat shop 肉店
- men's wear shop 男子用品商店
- milk shop 乳品店
- paint shop 油漆行
- print shop 印刷所
- repair shop 修理店
- retail shop 零售店
- shoe shop 鞋店
- sports shop 体育用品商店
- sweet shop 糖果店
- tea shop 茶馆
- toy shop 玩具店
- variety shop 杂货店
- book-seller's shop 书店
- butcher's shop 肉店
- chemist's shop 药铺
- draper's shop 布店
- tailor's shop 裁缝店
- women's wear shop 妇女服装店
- assembly shop 装配车间
- machine shop 金工车间,机械工厂
- repair shop 修理工厂
- union shop 只雇用工会会员和即将加入工会的工人的工厂
- work shop 车间
- shop around 仔细寻找
Souvenir shops whose mementoes surpass anything I have seen..for sheer vapidity.出自： S. J. Perelman
A MUGGER was jailed..after being shopped by his mother.出自：Daily Mirror
- 在口语里, shop可作“工厂,车间,作坊”解,尤用于构成复合词。
- shop, department store, store
- 这组词都可表示“商店”。其区别在于:shop在英国一般指零售商店,在美国还指专卖店,即出售固定商品的门市部; store为美国用词,指零售商店,其复数stores则指百货商店,相当于英式英语中的department store。例如:
- By the end of the year the little seed and grain shop had developed its trade considerably.到年底,那个种子、粮食小店的生意有了相当大的发展。
- She bought the sofa at the stores.她在百货公司买了这沙发。
- I do all my shopping at that department store.我什么都在那家百货商店买。
- He keeps shop for his uncle.
- He keeps a shop in town.
- department作商店解时，是美国英语，通常写为department store。
误 The ladies retired to leave the men to talk.
正 The ladies retired to leave the men to talk shop.
析 talk通常指一般性的谈话,而talk shop通常指“谈论与职业有关的事”。
误 Let's go to shop tomorrow, shall we?
正 Let's go shopping tomorrow, shall we?
析 表示“去购物”,通常应说go shopping。类似的用法还有 go swimming(去游泳), go hunting(去打猎), go fishing(去钓鱼), go bathing(去游泳)等。我到商店里转了转,为的是选购一件送朋友的礼物。
误 I shopped around a gift for a friend.
正 I shopped around for a gift for a friend.
析 表示“到商店里为的是选购…”可说shop around for sth。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的scoppa，意为牛棚。