- n. 船；舰
- v. 装运；(用船)运送；上(船)；乘(船)
- The ship was due to sail the following morning.
- A terrible storm forced the ship to put back.
- The paint on the ship's sides was coming off.
- Please inform us when we should ship the goods.
- We ship our products anywhere within Great Britain.
- The oil company will ship out the heavy equipment.
- The ship forged ahead through the stormy sea.
- We must transfer to ship after arriving in Shanghai.
- A lot of ships were just outside of the harbour when the hurricane hit.
- The ship is off course.
- The enemy ship was sunk by a shell.
- When will the ship pass the channel?
- The ship has a cargo of about 200 tons.
- The ship sailed across the channel.
- It is a ship of 3000 tons burden.
- The Titanic is a ship of vast proportion.
- The whole ship was given liberty.
- I know the whole ship is against me, but I can handle that.
- The ship is now on her maiden voyage.
- Some fruit doesn't ship well.
- She escaped her family and shipped on a voyage to Australia.
- They shipped the machines from Shanghai to Tianjin last week.
- The boat began to ship water and we thought it would sink.
- Did he ship the goods by train or by plane?
- The goods were shipped last week.
- The corn was shipped to Japan.
- The machines were shipped to the factory this morning.
- We are today shipping you another machine.
- They have shipped the merchandise to us.
- by ship
乘船 taking a boat
- run a tight ship
严格控制 maintain strict control
- ships that pass in the night
偶尔见过一面的人们 people who have only one meeting
- spoil the ship for ah'porth of tar
因小失大 fail to complete sth valuable by omitting an inexpensive detail touch
- when one's ship come in
有朝一日发财时 when one becomes wealthy
- ship by (v.+prep.)
用…运 transport sth with (sth such as a train, ship, etc.)
ship sth by sth
They will soon ship the goods by rail.
- ship off (v.+adv.)
〈非正〉把…送往〔运往〕各地 order sb to go; send away or dispatch, especially by ship
ship sth ⇔ off
We shall ship the goods off to them immediately.
- ship out (v.+adv.)
(海员)外出 go to sea as a crewmember
ship sth ⇔ out
The oil company will ship out the heavy equipment .
The army group shipped out for the Far East today.
He said good-bye to his family, and shipped out for Shanghai.
- anchor a ship 停泊船只
- board a ship 登船,上船
- break up a ship 把船拆开
- build a ship 建造一条船
- catch up with a ship 赶上乘坐的船
- clear a ship at the custom-house 在海关办好船只出港手续
- contact a ship 同船只进行联系
- desert a ship 抛弃船只
- dress a ship 给船悬挂旗帜
- equip a ship 装备船只
- get on a ship 上船
- handle a ship 驾驶船只
- hire a ship 租船
- jump ship (船员)开小差,弃职离船
- leave a ship 下船,离开船
- load a ship 装船
- name a ship 给船命名
- sail a ship 开船
- search the ship 搜查船只
- shake down a ship 船舶试航
- sink a ship 使船沉没
- steer a ship 驾驶轮船
- survey a ship 检查船只
- take ship 乘船
- unload a ship 卸船
- wind a ship 掉转船头
- wreck a ship 使船只失事
- capital ship 主力舰
- free ship 中立国船只
- ocean-going ship 远洋轮船
- out-going ship 开出的船,出港的船
- sinking ship 正在沉没的船
- sunken ship 沉没的船只
- battle ship 战舰
- deep sea ship 远洋船
- flag ship 旗舰
- hospital ship (尤指战时担当救死扶伤任务或运送伤员的)医院船
- merchant ship 商船
- passenger ship 客轮
- rescue ship 救助船
- sister ship 姐妹船
- steam ship 汽船,轮船
- supply ship 补给船
- surveying ship 测量船
- war ship 军舰
- weather ship 气象观测船
- ship abroad 运往国外
- ship customarily 按惯例运
- ship expressly 快速运送
- ship faithfully 如实地运送
- ship internationally 国际运输
- ship promptly 快速地运送
- ship seasonally 季节性地运输
- ship off 送往,遣送
- ship out 运出,坐船到国外去
- ship out emigrants 送移民去海外
The..majority of European wines are sent..by ship.出自： M. Kramer
Is he well shipp'd? His bark is stoutly timber'd.出自：Othello , Shakespeare
- ship的基本意思是“船,舰 ”,可指大大小小的船,多指较大的、机动的、航海的船,在正式文章或书籍中船的名字常用大写或斜体字排印。the ship还可以指“全船的人”。
- 在口语中, ship还可作“宇宙飞船,太空船”解,在美式英语里也可作“飞行器”解。
- ship后接副词off表示“运走”或“派往”; 后接副词out表示“运出”或“坐船动身”。
- ship, boat
- 1.boat指小船, ship指大船,但这并无严格界限,一般说木制的船叫boat,能吊离水面的船叫boat,靠帆和桨行驶的船叫boat,个人拥有的船叫boat; 宇宙飞船用ship,航海的船叫ship。一般机动船则称boat或ship均可。泛指大大小小的各种船只时可用boats,也可用ships。试比较:They rowed the boat down the river.他们划着船顺河而下。
- The boatmen pulled their boat onto the sand.船工们把船拖上沙滩。
- Australia ships meat to England.澳大利亚用船把肉运到英国。
- He has taken ship for India.他已乘船到印度去了。
- The ship is bound for America.这艘轮船是开往美洲去的。
- The ship is now on her first voyage.这只船是初次航行。
- A camel is known as the ship of the desert.骆驼被认为是沙漠之舟。
- 2.boat, ship各自构成的复合词和短语很多,各有固定的意思。例如:
- shipmaster船长〔船主〕, shipwreck船只失事, shipyard船厂,这些词不能用boat 代替ship; 反之, boat 的复合词也不能用ship取代之。如下列船只通常称 boats:fishing boats 渔船, sailing boats帆船, rowing boats划艇, motorboats汽艇, ferryboats渡船。国家海军较大的舰船 battleship等通常称ships。
- 3.表示“划船游玩”用go boating,不可用 go to boat。boat people 不指普通意义的“船民”,而指“乘船逃亡者”,如越南、海地等靠船出逃的难民。例如:
- Many boat people left their homeland only to die on the sea.许多难民乘船逃出了他们的家园却又葬身于大海之中。
- They went Hongkong on a ship.
- They went Hongkong by ship.
- They took a ship to Hongkong.
- ship, deliver, dispatch, mail, send
- The goods will be delivered at noon tomorrow.明天中午交货。
- The farmers guarantee the quantity and quality of the vegetables that are delivered.农民们保证交售蔬菜的质量和数量。
- A messenger was dispatched to take the news to the soldiers at the front.一名通讯员被派去给前线士兵送消息。
- The allies agreed to dispatch reinforcements.同盟国同意派遣增援部队。
- Let's all go to the airport to send him off.我们都到机场给他送行。
- If any letters come after you've left,I'll send them on.如果你离开后,有信来了,我会转寄去的。
- Have you sent round the notice about the Christmas party yet?关于圣诞节晚会的通告,你是否已送出传阅?
- Some fruit doesn't ship well.有些水果不便运送。
- The goods were shipped last week.货物已于上周装船运走。
误 I travelled in a ship.
正 I travelled on a ship.
析 on a ship表示“乘船旅行”, in a ship表示“在船上”。他打算坐船去——他不喜欢坐飞机。
误 He's going by a ship—he doesn't like flying.
正 He's going by ship—he doesn't like flying.
析 by ship表示“乘船”, ship前不用冠词。他们登上一艘豪华的邮船环球旅行去了。
误 They went on a world-cruise in a luxury boat.
正 They went on a world-cruise in a luxury ship〔liner〕.“胜利女神”号是属于某石油巨头的一艘私人船。
误 The “Victory” is a private boat belonging to an oil tycoon.
正 The “Victory” is a private ship belonging to an oil tycoon.
误 The ship, who is a big one, is on her way to Shanghai.
正 The ship, which is a big one, is on her way to Shanghai.
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的scip，意为船。