- v. 擦；摩擦；搓；惹恼
- n. 困难；障碍；擦
- I rubbed the window with a cloth.
- We may have to rub polish on the floor.
- He asked me to rub up the silver.
- The wheel's rubbing on the mudguard.
- It is an Eskimo custom to rub noses as a greeting.
- He rubbed his hands to keep them warm.
- His laziness was beginning to rub me.
- We need money badly, but there's the rub: no one will lend us any.
- There lies the rub.
- Mum has given the spoons a good rub to make them clean.
- He bent over and rubbed his sore ankle.
- My shoe is rubbed my heel.
- Rub this oil on your skin.
- He was rubbing his hands all the time as if he was washing them, and smiling without stopping.
- Rub your hair dry.
- Go and rub your hands dry.
- rub against (v.+prep.)
把…往上面蹭,沾上 slide with pressure against
rub against sth
The journal rubs against the bearing surface.
One part rubs against the other.
一部分与另一部分摩擦。rub sth against sth
The dog rubbed its head against my legs.
You've rubbed your coat against some wet paint.
- rub along (v.+adv.)
〈非正〉关系融洽 have a reasonably good relationship (with sb)
He rubs along quite well.
Jack was not so much interested in making money, so long as he could manage to rub along.
只要日子能过得去,杰克对挣钱并不那么感兴趣。rub along (with sb)
He and his wife seem to rub along all right.
I find it difficult to rub along with Paul, he is so unpredictable.
- rub down (v.+adv.)
把…磨光滑 make smooth by rubbing
row sb/sth ⇔ down
Rub the wall down well before applying new paint.
Trainers rub down an athlete after hard exercise.
- rub it in (v.+pron.+adv.)
〈非正〉反复提某人的过错、失败等 keep talking about sth that another person wants to forget
- rub into (v.+prep.)
〈非正〉灌输 teach sth to sb by forceful repetition
rub sth into sth
Rub some of the cream into your skin to protect it from the sun.
Rubbing this special cream into the insect bite will help to take away the worst of the pain.
用这种特制油膏在虫子咬过的地方揉搓可以大大减轻痛苦。rub into sb that/wh-clause
Parents often try to rub into their children how much they owe to them.
I thought that by now I had been able to rub into you that you must ask permission first.
- rub off (v.+adv.)
(使)减色 (cause to) appear less bright, praiseworthy, etc.
rub sth ⇔ off
She couldn't rub off the blood stain on her blouse.
The teacher rubbed the exercises off.
With the passing of time, some of the glitter of the achievement has rubbed off.
随着时间的流逝,这一光辉的成就已有所减色。rub sth ⇔ off
The news of rigged ballots has rubbed off much of the shine of their election victory.
- rub off on (v.+adv.+prep.)
〈口〉因接触〔相处〕而对…产生影响 pass from one person to another as a result of close contact
- rub on (v.+prep.)
与…摩擦 touch with sth
rub on sth
That door rubs on the floor.
- rub out (v.+adv.)
〈美口〉干掉,杀死 murder sb
- rub through (v.+adv.)
〈非正〉勉强渡过,捱过 reach some kind of success without proper methods
There is a difficult time ahead, but we'll rub through somehow.
- rub together (v.+adv.)
互相摩擦 make two things touch each other repeatedly
rub sth together
This insect makes its strange noise by rubbing its back legs together.
- rub up (v.+adv.)
擦亮; 重温 polish by rubbing; brush up
rub sth ⇔ up
She rubbed up the silver plates to a high gloss.
I'll have to rub up my French before I go to Paris.
Your English grammar needs to be rubbed up.
- rub up against (v.+adv.+prep.)
偶然遇到 come into contact with sb by accident
- rub with (v.+prep.)
用…反复擦 touch (sth) repeatedly and firmly with sth
rub sth with sth
She rubbed the window with a cloth.
- rub shoulders with (v.+n.+prep.)
接触 live or work closely with sb
rub shoulders with sb
The more we rub shoulders with the workers, the more we come to appreciate their excellent qualities.
During those two terms at the boarding school, she rubbed shoulders with the rich.
- rub briskly 轻快地搓
- rub incessantly 不停地摩擦
- rub injuriously 致伤地摩擦
- rub mechanically 机械地摩擦
- rub skillfully 熟练地揉
- rub along 勉强相处
- rub down a horse 把马梳洗得光滑
- rub down rough points 把粗糙的尖端擦光
- rub in 擦进表层
- rub off colour 使颜色显得暗淡
- rub off rust 擦掉铁锈
- rub sb out 把某人干掉
- rub through 勉强渡过
- rub together 互相摩擦
The..cat..rubbed against her knees.出自： K. Mansfield
- rub的基本意思是“擦; 搓; 揉”。引申可作“摩擦”“接触”解。
- rub along的意思是“勉强地相处”; rub away 的意思是“擦去; 消除”; rub it in的意思是“触别人的痛处”; rub through的意思是“勉强渡过”; rub up against的意思是“偶然碰到”; rub up原意是“擦亮”,引申可表示“温习”; rub shoulders with sb 的意思是“亲切交往,接触(群众) ”。
- rub, wipe
- He bent over and rubbed his sore ankle.他弯着身子按摩疼痛的脚踝。
- Trainers rub down an athlete after hard exercise.强化训练之后,教练员为运动员按摩。
- Please wipe up the spilt milk.请把溅出来的牛奶擦干净。
- I rubbed the rust from the old machine.我把旧机器上的锈擦掉。
- She was rubbing her shoes with a brush.她正用刷子擦她的鞋子。
- She has rubbed up the plate.她把盘子擦亮了。
- massage 按摩
- scrub 用力擦洗
- scour 擦洗
- buff 浅黄色
- stroke 中风
- wipe 擦
- chafe 擦痛
- polish 光泽
- brush 刷子
- clean 干净的
- caress 爱抚
- fondle 爱
- pat 轻拍
- knead 揉(面粉等)
- shine 照耀
- hurt 损害
- grit 砂砾
- irritate 激怒
- shave 刮
- burnish 磨光
- scrape 刮掉
- nose 鼻子
- embarrassment 困窘
- fray 恼火
- crossing 人行横道
- sponge 海绵
- abrade 擦伤
- graze 放牧
- scratch 抓
- hang-up <美俚>(尤指个人或感...
- hitch 猛拉
- itch 痒
- fret (使)烦恼
- snag (隐伏的)障碍...